snap draqons

Another thing the squirrel did is dig up the planter on the deck. Killed all the flowers in the one (some weird plants my ex had bought that were perennials). Surprisingly though, the other planter I had put white snap dragons in last years is full of plants and blooms. Though an annual, the guy at the store did say they may come back again. So I have separated them out and put them in the other planter the tree rat ruined. There are actually more plants than what I planted last year from the garden store.
I've always liked snap dragons, so glad they are growing so well. They look pretty in the planters.
On 7/13/2013 6:54 PM, Gus wrote:

Technically, snap dragons are indeed perennial. However, they tend to be short-lived. In my area, they perform an annuals because they cannot survive the summer heat -- three months with average daily highs in the 90s(F). Also, snap dragons tend to get a rust fungus that shortens their lives or at least stops them from flowering.
Followup-To set for rec.gardens only.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

I was afraid of that. They did not thrive when I bought them couple years ago and it got hot... It had been unseasonably cool here of late, 70s. Now it is back in the more normal 90s. At least they still look beautiful today.