snap dragons still snapping

Page 2 of 2
On Sunday, November 17, 2013 11:41:59 AM UTC-5, mlcwa wrote:

Fahrenheit or Celsius? And is that Earth years? Usenet gets to other planets, doesn't it?

Usenet may get there, but it doesn't come back. Even if it seems like it does at times.
--
Dan Espen

On Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:30:50 PM UTC-5, mlcwa wrote:

Lurkers...
Hench said:

25 F is below the freezing point of water (2 deg F).
For the USA-ans: 0 C = freezing point of water 10 C = chilly 20 C = pleasant room temperature 30 C = on the warm side 40 C = too damn hot ("normal" body temperature is ~37 C) 50 C = hellishly hot (I've only experienced it in an environmental chamber) 100 C = boiling point of water
I remember reading a story once where the a boy visiting the US from France (?) was sure he was going to die soon when the family he was staying with measured his temperature as 99 degrees. (They were speaking F and he was thinking C.)

Yes, pretty good.
As half-hardy perennials, they will struggle on through some pretty cold weather before giving up the ghost. In my area some *might* survive a much warmer than average winter. (Same goes for one of my favorite bedding plants, Salvia farinacea 'Victoria')
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
Gus Overton wrote:

Snapdragons can take quite a bit of freezing weather. 25°F is probably pushing it, but maybe not if it doesn't stay there too long.
I was surprised how long the petunias lasted this year; they still looked good after getting frosted a half dozen times. (gone now)
Bob