Snake/worm

'tis a puzzlement, probably just back to dumb ass.

Reply to
D. Staples

Hey Freckles!

I live in the Fort Worth area and found the EXACT same snake in my garden today.... But I can't figure out what its exact name is! I picked it up with my hands and it just kinda slithered around my arm. Even though I know alot about different kinds of snakes, I have not been able to figure this one out. I can assure you though that this is a non-venomous snake. It's definitely a colubrid (2/3 of the snakes in the world are... most of which are non-venomous). These types appear to be harmless and probably feed on bugs and maybe small lizards in your garden.

The only venomous snakes found in Texas are rattlesnakes, coral snakes, cottonmouths, and copperheads. Since this little grey guy is clearly none of these, I would say your good to go!

Jeff

Reply to
jeffkeeper01