Snake/worm

Page 1 of 2
I have recently found several small 6 to 8 inch grey snakes in my garden. At first I thought they were some kind of worm, but I found one on my driveway which had been eaten by ants and there was a skeleton.
The snake has a very small head and will strike like it's going to bite just like a poisonous snake.
Can anyone tell me what this snake is called and is it dangerous in any way.
Thanks,
Freckles

Texas blind snake, Leptotyphlops dulcis, is my guess - about as harmless a serpent as could possibly be.
Freckles wrote:

It's difficult to say from your description and not knowing where you are. It could related to the garter snake or the worm snake. Does it have one eye or two? If only one eye at 8in long it could be the greater trouser snake and yes they can be dangerous if not handled properly. The lesser trouser snake is smaller and less of a handful.
David

I live in Arlington, Texas, between Dallas an d Fort Worth.
Freckles

You should know the snakes of your area. Talk to the locals. Where I live there are no poisonous snakes and I see a lot of garter and black snakes on my property. Other than scaring my wife, they are good to have around for keeping rodents under control.
OTOH, I have friends in North Carolina that are afraid to venture beyond their mowed lawn because of the presence of maybe 6 types of poisonous snakes and ticks with Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.
David Hare-Scott wrote: ...

not familiar with Texas snakes (of the no-legged kind).

i think these flew right over 'im David, but i certainly got a good laugh. thanks...
songbird
http://www.flickr.com/photos/meta404/89786713 /

Oh, and they make my wife talk dirty when she pulls one up with the weeds.

"Don Staples" wrote:

Obviously turns her on more than your inchworm. LOL
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

fuck off
"Don Staples" wrote:

Damn, I hit a widdle sore spot... seems I was correct! heheh
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

I had the same rection to what you wrote and I don't even have the sort of equipment that you were writing about. Your two grotty comments could be expected from a pimply faced juvenile who hasn't yet learned to think like an adult.
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:06:02 +1000, FarmI wrote:

There is such a think as humor. This is an adult group, yes? The comment about the inchworm was funny and the choice of words was clean enough.
Don's reaction was obscene and juvenile. Reprimand him also.
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:39:03 +0000 (UTC), jellybean stonerfish

'Zactly, barren sense of humor. Don's smarmy "talk dirty" comment berating his wife was the opener... he's not only rude and crude he lacks a funny bone. And FarmNone is obviously Don's functionally illiterate flunky.
Yesterday morning I had visitors:
http://i53.tinypic.com/28u6zd1.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2rd9e1e.jpg
Lovely pair:
http://i55.tinypic.com/2qwmx6f.jpg
Mind of his own:
http://i55.tinypic.com/sliibp.jpg
More morning moochers:
http://i51.tinypic.com/rr1rb5.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/sv5t0k.jpg
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message wrote:
I have a low tolerance for ass holes, ass hole.
"Don Stuples" wrote:

Asshole is one word, ASSHOLE! LOL
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

OK, how about dumb ass ass hole, ass hole?
"Don Stuples" wrote:

That would be you. <G>
"Brooklyn1" <Gravesend1> wrote in message

When do you graduate from PS1, ass hole? Ass hole is a combination of a noun, hole (you) modified by an adjective, ass (you again). Language, learn it and enjoy your childhood.
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 23:01:17 -0500, D. Staples wrote:

If someone is a complete and total ass, would that would be "ass whole", or "asswhole"?