Snails, Slugs, Hedgehogs etc.

Page 3 of 3

The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum.

No, a crappie is a type of fish.
Not exactly naked.
A slug is a saddle back snail for pixies to ride!!!

Mannnnnnny thanks for your interesting and prompt response.
Thanks a bunch.
However would prefer not to use pellets as I would not wish anything similar to happen to me.
Remember the old West Country (English) saying:-
Take care of yourselves, and take care of each other.
Happppppy Everythings,
LenBo

St George wrote ".......Probably an old Chestnut but am new to this N.G. .........."
Which one? You are multiple posting.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Definitely encouraged. They have an amazing appetite for garden pests.

To make sure your delphiniums don't gang up on you and take over your property.
To teach humility to gardeners who thought they could follow the Old Testament mandate to "conquer the earth, and subdue it".
Seriously, they eat just about everything, and the more valuable the plant, the more delectable they seem to find it.
--
Chris Green

Hedgehogs should be encouraged as they are the gardeners friend, they eat bugs etc. Snails and slugs I am not so sure of. We encourage and feed hedgehogs, the same as lace wings they do a lot of good in the garden and as much as possible we plant herbs and flowers such as marigolds that discourage insects rather then using insecticides.
Enjoy your garden and the wild life that goes with it. pam

How do you do that?
[snip]
Franz

If you like holes in the ground, encourage hedgehogs. I personally think they are a pain in the ass. Ducks will take care of your snails. Slugs and snails are plant parasites and shoudl be treated like the vermin they are. Nuke the bastards. - Thanks, C.
Lion and tigers and bears...........Oh My!!!!
Encourage hedgehogs to do what? Gardening chores? Register to vote?
The role of snails and slugs is to defoliate all your plants and produce plenty of slime in the process!!! They also can be cooked in butter with garlic!!!

Slugs exist to do two things:
1) They function as little janitors. 2) They gross out 12 year old girls, which is a worthwhile thing, according to my son.