Small tomato plants shade to sun....

I have some small tomato plants, about 8-10in tall and ~3nodes, growing in pots that are almost ready to plant into the ground. Currentlly they are protected from full sun by some shade cloth type stuff...they get half of full light all day , and all of the heat (up to 100F here). My question is will they brun up if i placed them into the full sun now? Should i protect their roots with mulch on their soil? Please help, these are my first tomatoes and trully my first venture into gardening.

On a completlly diffrent topic,is there anyway to protect them during the winter? I only get about 3 real frosts in the cold months, will they live outside ok? bundle the roots and bring them in the garage? i have no idea.

-Thanks! Burger

Reply to
$6.00Burger

Most vegetables are annuals so you have to replant each year.

Expose them to longer periods of full sun each day. At the end of two weeks they should be fully acclimated.

Yes mulch the root/stem area, helps keep them from drying out.

Renee

Reply to
Renee