small plant pot questions

Hi, just wondering if anyone has an idea of a plant that will be happy outside in a very small pot?

A friend of mine has bought me some very small novelty pots in the shapes of wellington boots and bumble bees bees etc and I would really like to have some pretty plants but I'm worried that the plant will not do well in such a small pot and wondered if there were any plants that specifically do well in small pots?

There are three of them and they do all have drainage holes which is good and measure approximatley 13 cm in height and 10cm width.

Reply to
WonderlandGirl

This size is a real PITA as many plants will quickly outgrow them and even if the plant will fit or doesn't mind being rootbound they dry out very quickly, in hot weather you may have to water daily or even twice daily and forgetting for a few days can cost you the plant. Why not put them on the mantel with dried flowers in them?

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott

If you like herbs, you might try basil. I grow basil in pots all summer. Those might be a little small but if you really care for them (harvesting leaves and maybe dividing them) they might do ok.

But where are you?

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hens and Chicks, Aloe Vera, Sprouts or the infamous Venus Fly Trap :)

Reply to
Nad R