Small, manageable s.p. lawnmower

I am looking for a graceful, small self propelled lawnmower. The one that I have right now is a 22" cut Yard "something" from Lowe's. On the flats and straightaways, it's ok, but I think anything would be. It gets to be a nuisance when I have to disengage the self propel and maneuver around flowerbeds, etc. Is there "a best of both worlds?" I called and talked with John Deere and the smallest self propelled they have is a 21" cut and I am assuming that the fact that it is a John Deere makes it leaps and bounds better than what I have. Any suggestions? Perry

I don't think size is the issue.
The cheaper self-propelled mowers lack a differential, meaning the drive wheels always turn at equal rates. This makes it hard to turn the mower unless you lift the drive wheels off the ground. That's what I do, I have a Craftsman with large back wheels that makes it easy to push when the front wheels are up. When I need to turn, I push down on the handle to lift up the front wheels slightly.
If I was rich I might buy one with a differential. Either way, oversize back wheels are great.
-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.

and
You could pick up a cheap push mower to use around the flower beds.