Small (8" high) perrenials

Can anyone suggest a combination of small perrenials, maybe 3 or 4 varieities that are....
Easy to grow A maximum of 8" in height (the smaller the better) A combination that will give me flowers all summer long with the combined plants.......would like a lot of yellow Full sun
I had some coreopsis in this place but I'd some small and "compact" plants.
Thanks.
EBG wrote:

1. Does it have to be perennials? Sounds like a perfect role for marigolds...
2. Coreopsis is a good choice, you just need to find a smaller and more compact one. How about coreopsis verticillata "Moonbeam"?
- Alex