slugs + lilies

Hi,
Does anyone has the same problem as I ... the slugs pratically ate all the leaves of the lilies leaving just the stem. I don't seem to have problem with slugs with other plants ... just the lilies ... it has been like this for seasons after seasons and I normally just ignore them but it is just getting on my nerves.
Thx,
Alex
Sorry about the earlier post, I just found out it's not slug, it's the larve stage of the lily beatle and there is no cure.
Alex Ng wrote:

You can hand pick the larva and the adults. Or you too can give up on growing true lilies. Cheryl
On 6/30/04 10:35 PM, in article cbvt9e$1lu$ snipped-for-privacy@freenet9.carleton.ca, "Alex Ng"

No slug problems on the lilies, but I do have Japanese beetles eating them, especially the calla lilies.
Alex Ng wrote:

Alex,
The snails and slugs were so bad in my area this spring that they were eating everything (even the Cicadas, see this picture from my web site:
http://members.iglou.com/brosen/cp3n5.jpg ).
If I were you I would try to get rid of them. If you don't want to use a chemical killer the old standby, stale beer, works well. Put it in shallow cups (like yogurt containers) and they will craw in and drown.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera: HP PhotoSmart 850