Slugs

I have used copper pennies in rings around hostas. This works while the plants are young. When the leaves grow and expand beyond the circle they are no longer effective. I have had the most sucess with beer. Small round ziplock containers buried to ground level filled 3/4 full will protect 2 - 3 plants. Empty and refill every week or two regardless of rainfall.....I have them in an irrigated area and the traps remain effective fo this long. I use Molson Canadian for my bait. Not for human consumption......

are
3
have
use
I have had good luck using the iron phosphate slug killers. They are non-toxic to people and wildlife and work quite well if applied at the right time.
A less expensive but equally effective "drink" for the slugs is 1 t. of bakers' yeast and a teaspoon of sugar in a pint of warm water. They love it! Dorothy Nichols, author of Garden Adventures
snipped-for-privacy@moscow.com wrote:

Bakers yeast, is that any kind of yeast? Chuckie in the frozen north, zone 5
Chuckie snipped-for-privacy@moscow.com wrote:
A less expensive but equally effective "drink" for the slugs is 1 t of bakers' yeast and a teaspoon of sugar in a pint of warm water. They love it! Dorothy Nichols, author of Garden Adventures Bakers yeast, is that any kind of yeast? Chuckie in the frozen north, zone 5
hi chuckie. bakers yeast what i use for making bread or any kind o baked products u and get it at any grocery chain in the baking section it comes in fast acting or regular type of yeast in this case i woul get the regular kind of yeast. cyaaa sockiescat
-- sockiescat