slime mold in my garden

Can anyone help me get rid of slime mold? I have it all over my small garden and it looks quite disgusting. I realize it is probably good for the garden, but it is all over the place in the garden in front of my house and it looks terrible!

Thanks for your help.

Reply to
Hotoy Fukaka

Some fungicides may be used to control slime mold, however, washing, raking, brushing or mowing will remove it just as well. And cheaper.

Reply to
Michel Buonarroti

My neighbor has it in her yard and I suspect it helps keep my allergies running at full force. Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

I have a white powdery substance on a lot of my plants. Is that slime mold? Thanks

Reply to
Ace

I saw a 20 foot band of slime mold in my lawn one year. It was brilliant orange, slow moving and very strange. Unfortunately, it did not last more than a few hours.

Reply to
Phisherman

The white powdery substance is powdery mildew, another very common fungal problem in late season. Lots of different types which are more or less host specific. The best control is to plant resistant varieties and to maintain good cultural practices, including proper siting, deep watering, limiting the use of nitrogen rich fertilizers and mulching to conserve soil moisture. Clean up and destroy any fallen leaves or debris and with perennials, infected material that is cut back should not be composted.

Powdery mildews tend to become very resistant to single fungicides other than sulfur, so alternate if using chemicals, otherwise there are a number of home remedies that are equally successful in controlling the problem (as far as that goes). These include Cornell formula (bicarbonite of soda and water), milk, and neem oil.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

"Michel Buonarroti"

Reply to
Alan Sung

Can anyone who replied to this describe this for me? I have some weird stuff that grows on my place, usually where roundup has been sprayed, but not always.

I t looks kind of like chopped up Kelp when it's wet, then dries to a black crusty thing. I'd like to know how to get rid of it. I'm afraid that it will come to life one of these days and eat the cat or something.

Kate

| >Some fungicides may be used to control slime mold, however, washing, raking, | >brushing or mowing will remove it just as well. And cheaper. | >

| | My neighbor has it in her yard and I suspect it helps keep my allergies running | at full force. | Colleen | Zone 5 CT

Reply to
SVTKate

Am I the only one here who is hearing the theme from The Twilight Zone?

Have you seen the cat since it was there?

Kate

| >Thanks for your help. | | | I saw a 20 foot band of slime mold in my lawn one year. It was | brilliant orange, slow moving and very strange. Unfortunately, it did | not last more than a few hours.

Reply to
SVTKate