Simple things that make gardening easier/fun

I just love a good gardening discussion with its' information, snappy banter, invectives, biting, and gouging. But first, I really need some popcorn. Good show guys ;O)

Reply to
Wildbilly

Aw, dang. I gotta big bowl of pop corn an' nothins' happenin'. Rats.

Reply to
Wildbilly

Just because you have never had problems doesn't mean that others have never had problems.

perhaps over winter

Which does not fix a puncture and it was the problem with punctures, usually in the wall of the tyre, that caused my friend such grief with their barrow. It was that problem of having to fix the thing all the time that made me appreciate my ancient barrow with solid tyres.

Reply to
FarmI

For those sorts of jobs, I've found that the sort of trolley that removalists use works for me. I have trouble balancing a wheel barrow laden with a lot of heavy materials but the 2 wheels of the removalists type trolley seem to be better for me and mean that I can manage and manage well. Luckily it's usually bone dry and hard ground here as I know I couldn't use it in soft ground.

Reply to
FarmI

Your stories ain't beliveable. You don't own any wheelbarrow, you don't do any gardening, you don't own a place to garden, your hands have never touched dirt.... at most Janet has a Chia pet! LOL

I tried one of those two wheeled trams, wasn't configured well for gardening and to push over unpaved ground is impossible, didn't work for me... distances here are too great even for a regular wheelbarrow with a full load... my veggie garden is 250' from my garden shed, without a cart I'd spend all my time and energy lugging stuff to and fro.

Normal folks with small properties even for heavy loads use smaller weelbarrows if only for saftey, and sionce distances are small they make a few extra trips... folks with larger properties use small carts they can pull or tow with small tractors... over distances any wheelbarrow is useless, especially over grades, even slight grades (pushing a heavy wheelbarrow down even a slight grade it will get away from you). I use my gardener sized wheelbarrow for light tasks, note it in pic below. And for heavier/bulkier loads I use different sized carts; light loads over short distances I can pull, heavier loads and those over long distances I tow with a small tractor. The yellow cart gets the most use (attaches to tractor too), great to load up with long handled tools, bags of mulch, buckets of compost, all sorts of small tools (pruners, loppers, saws, etc), even chain saw, with fuel, oil, etc., and haul all at once to the work site without making extra trips. My Agrifab dump cart is great for heavier loads. I even have a cart for my trash cans... my mommy didn't raise a donkey.

little people this is all the cart you need:
the very occasional Powerful Katrinka sized job I use this contractor's wheelbarrow:
Katrinka can even plow snow... mush, Janet, mush! LOL

brooklyn1

Wheelbarrow tires don't get sidewall punctures... no way do I believe your stories... you must be Janet's clone. Geeze, yoose brits must have a lot of inbreeding, yoose all have that patent liar gene. You don't do any gardening either... soon as you start talking your neighbor I know you're a I-can-top-your-story barroom liar. Farm1 your ass, you've never been within a hundred miles from any farm, maybe a tenement ghetto ant farm.

Reply to
brooklyn1

The message from brooklyn1 contains these words:

They're on the other side of the security fence, Sheldon. You'll never get to meet one

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

ROTFLMAO

I am so glad to have you back, Janet! Missed you. Emilie NorCal (where it was 69 F yesterday)

Reply to
mleblanca

Without an air compressor conveniently located, best to stay away from pneumatic tires. I've pumped them up with a bicycle pump, it works, but prefer a solid tire without a compressor.

Reply to
Phisherman

Rubbish Sheldon!

I have seen pics of 2 of Janet's gardens (the one she has now and a previous one where she lived before) and they have both been glorious. I've also seen pics of your garden and I'd rate Janet's gardening skills as superior to yours. She's has good plant knowledge and she has a good designer's eye for what looks good in a garden.

Reply to
FarmI

Crap Sheldon. On your manicured acres they may not.

no way do I believe

And you can't even do a Properties check.

You

Actually we own 2 farms - the one we live on and another one 70 kms away. We breed Angus cattle Sheldon. Unlike you, we do not live on a few acres of semi rural land.

Reply to
FarmI