Silver Bismark Palm in San Jose CA

Any experiences? I think San Jose is in zone 9.

Reply to
Harken Ronstan

San Jose is zone 9. According to Betrocks, Bismarckia nobilis is hardy from zones 10a - 11. I would be tempted to give it a try if you can buy one at a good price. Bismarcks don't like a lot of water, they want full sun and positive drainage. Plant it high in good soil. Only buy it if you can buy one in a container. Field grown Bismarcks are notorious for poor survival out of the ground.

Reply to
Ricky