*sigh* Butterfly Bushes

One year I tried a variegated form called 'Harlequin' and it immediately became the catch crop for spider mites. I pulled them out the following year and don't have any. I use zinnia, echinacea, passiflora, morning glory, datura and many others for the butterflies and moths. Maybe it's just too hot in summer here?

Is there a form anyone knows of which withstands 100 degrees for about

4 months a year?
Reply to
Jangchub

Jangchub wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On 4/17/07 8:48 AM, in article f02fnb$71n$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com, "FragileWarrior"

What an image!

Cheryl Isaak

I'd try the species or there is a form I've seen in Tony Avent's catalog that is supposedly really heat hardy.

Cheryl

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Definitely shows profound signs of narcissism. I would recommend that you go and do something silly, immediately :-)

-Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose

But don't you really want to have some insight into whom your writing? Don't you think that a sig should be a reflection of your profound self, a testimony to the world of of your deepest convictions? Personally, I was thinking about appending Shakespear's "King Lear" :-) But now I see it is a touchy subject so, as always,

- Bill Cloribus gustibus non disputatum (mostly)

Reply to
William Rose

Jangchub news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:16:00 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Reply to
Jangchub

I'll take a look. Around here we have the elite garden centers. Heaven forbid the species is sold. They must have all these varieties which drop dead mid-June. There is not one plant in my garden anywhere which is not for one or another animal or insect. So, I don't really need another plant. I have 20 flats of seeds I've sown and now what do I do with them? :)

Reply to
Jangchub

Okay, in that case, my new sig line will be:

Victoria Is reality ultimate or conventional? What, too deep?

Reply to
Jangchub

Don't for get to use the sig delimiter.

Reply to
Travis M.

You'll love his site. Worst come to worst, I'll send you seeds from my species and you can try those.

Cheryl Isaak

Jangchub wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C24A7E18.67DD6% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

Everything in the barn is Pepto Bismal pink now. The floor, the walls, the rails of the fencing, my clothes, my shoes...

But, hey, it worked.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 11:37:25 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior after Diane Dimond, hence the spelling of "Dimond".)

I remember her. So, she's okay now? I've seen your biggins too. Very sweet looking horses. Also pretty big!

Reply to
Jangchub

Jangchub wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Seems to be. She's on limited grass for a few more days and then she'll be back to her normal routine. I had her grazing in the backyard this morning (one of the advantages to having teeny horses) and she gave me a merry old time catching her to put her back in the stall.

I also have a Flemish Giant rabbit and a huge dog. I'm a size queen, I guess. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Actually this is not about Travis not liking Butterfly bush and/or being upset if they reseed in his yard. Butterfly bush is one of a great number of Exotic pest plants here in the West. In WA its BF Bush, here in Nor Calif. Broom is a pest in the foothills of the Sierra/Cascade ranges, Pampas Grass is taking over the North Coast and Arundo is destroying creek habitat. ( if you live in a more urbanized/agricultural state it is difficult to imagine the damage to wild lands and wilderness areas) These plants have no insect pests to keep them in check and the climate allows them to grow rapidly. As a result, they crowd out native plants, thereby reducing not only the number of plants, but also the foods available to native mammals, birds, and fish. Some, like broom and pampas grass, are a very dangerous wildfire hazard. Eradication is extremely difficult, especially when nurseries continue to sell these plants to gardeners who aren't aware of the problems these plants create. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

Broom is a problem here also.

Reply to