Sick Bay Tree Laurus Nobilis

Hello Everyone,
I hope someone can help me. I have a very sick bay tree. It's prope name is Laurus Nobilis, A Belgian Speciality.
We've only had it for about a month and it's 5 years old. It's reall not very well now and most of it's leaves have fallen off. It als smells like it's going rotten. I think maybe we have watered it to much. What do you suggest we do to prevent it from dying, or are we to late!?
Thanks, To
-- tom0407
tom0407 wrote:

Something smells fishy.

USDA Zone 8

does everything smell fishy to you?
snipped-for-privacy@nospamplease.net wrote:

No. Just trollesque articles.

USDA Zone 8
tom0407 Wrote:

Hi Tom,
If it smells rotten, then it probably is. You don't say if it's in th ground or a pot. GENTLY scrape a branch to see if there is any gree just under the bark. If so, it's still alive. If in a pot, remov from the pot and remove all the wet soil. Repot in fresh soil in clean pot. If using the same pot, scrub well with a 10% bleac solution and then rinse well before putting the tree back in.
New
-- Newt
Travis Wrote:

Sorry but what are 'trollesque articles' ?
Thanks for the advice Newt I will do that. I think the tree is stil alive, or atleast it was when I left the office on friday... if it' still alive when I get to work tomorrow I will take it home and try an rescue it.
-- tom0407
tom0407 Wrote:

Tom, you are very welcome. I know what a troll is, but I don't kno what a "trollesque article" is unless it's a posting by a troll. http://tinyurl.com/dk6hg
Good luck with your bay tree. New