Shrubs and others for beds with palms

I had a few palms installed in my yard in Wilmington, NC(the beach area).
They created 3 beds. the 2 corner beds each have 2 tall sable palms with a pindo between them. The center bed has 2 Sagos with a pindo between them.
I am trying to figure out what other small shrubs & flowers I can plant that will look good with the current layout.
Any suggestions would be great. Thanks jason

Although it's more involved, I've always found it helpful to read descriptions from someone who's grown certain things, and then go find pictures. Finally, go to nurseries with well-formed ideas. My favorite sources for descriptions & commentary are Henry Mitchell's books. He was the garden writer for the Washington Post. The chapters in his books are mostly reprints of the newspaper columns, so they're short, and the information is tightly packed - not much wandering. The books would actually be more applicable to your garden than mine. He gardened in Washington DC, and before that, somewhere further south - I don't recall where. You really should get these books:
"One Man's Garden" "The Essential Earthman"

The Time-Life Encyclopedia of Gardening series was very helpful to us. Most likely out of print. Perhaps about on Ebay or library or if lucky your parents have it.
I've an older Encyclopedia of Gardening series (1940) which has wonderful images but I can't find it. The flower arranging info was real neat. But I can't find the title at the moment. My book use for gardening has fell of over time. Now I sort of try things and wonder if past decisions were faulty and I should try that plant again :)).
Bill
PS Some Eye candy
ISBN 0-87011-391-7 A Japanese touch for your garden
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade