shrub recommendation - salt tolerant, arborvitae like

I originally was going to put in a line of Arborvitae pyramidalis (emerald green) along the east side of our church, but some more research showed that the salt from the parking lot could make this a poor choice. Can anyone point me to a shrub similar is shape (upright, 3-4 ft diameter, good for a hedge perhaps eventually) that is more salt tolerant? We're in MI, zone 6.
Thank you! marcos
Good question I do not have the answer. It is often the salt spray in the air that does the harm. Tree near fast moving cars would have more mist in the air.

I don't have a specific recommendation. Escallonia is a salt-tolerant shrub (forming a hedge that I have around my garden in the UK), but after a little googling, here are links to a couple of pdf files that may give you some ideas about a variety of salt-tolerant shrubs.
http://ucce.ucdavis.edu/files/filelibrary/5505/20066.pdf
http://www.ewburrownursery.co.uk/downloads/Site_preferences.PDF
Geoff

paste these two lines back together: <http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/TRA/PLANTS/index.html # http://www.coopext.colostate.edu/TRA/PLANTS/stable.html or go to: http://tinyurl.com/25mglo
Consider using one of the calcium-based deicers, too.