Should I be watering now?

Hi - I'm in Richmond, VA. It's been warmer than normal lately for this time of the year --today it's sunny and in the low 80s -- so I'm wondering if I should be watering my outside plants (mostly liriope, azaleas, nandinas, butterly bush and crepe myrtles). We may still get snaps of cold weather, and I know a lot of plants go dormant in the winter so I don't want to kill anything off by prematurely watering. I think it's supposed to be in the 30s on Monday night. Any opinions on this? TIA.
Rhonda Richmond, VA USDA Zone 7
********** Basic human psychology is one of my subroutines.
I'm in Zone 7, East Tennessee. I water plants during the winter months if they need it. Especially, trees/plants that are not fully established. If the soil is damp, don't water. I removed the protective mulch layer from my roses 2 days ago--the mulch protects the plants during the winter, plus keeps the roots moist. Colder temperatures usually mean less water is needed for most plants. I have never watered my azaleas and they bloom/grow just fine.
On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:53:27 GMT, "Natty Dread"

Rhonda
Good Question
A great article addressing winter dormancy is here http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/WINTER.html
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr. Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY! www.treedictionary.com http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman / Storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions keep reminding us that we are not the boss. Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that will give them understanding.

time
kill
To answer the question of watering . Several machines were available but the best bang for the buck seemed to be the Rapid Rain 860 machine. We purchased it online at http:\\www.rapidrain.com and have been very pleased . Hope this helps