Shasta daisies completely flopped

Yesterday, "rain showers" actually meant someone opened up a fire hose in the sky. My shasta daisies were almost 5 feet tall, and now they're flattened. I don't see any broken stems. They're just laying down as if to say "I'm not takin' any chances". If I cut them back maybe halfway, can I expect them to flower again? Most of the buds are in the top 1/3rd of the current stems.

Once dry I would stack some upright. Right now just about every thing has been knocked down big time. Violent storm winds and heavy rains hope some I did not already support do so on their own. About a inch and a half in 20 minutes with gust that almost looked like a fog with lighting. Just put my Mac back online and wonder why my old cat early warning system did not work ?
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
On 7/25/2010 4:33 PM, Bill who putters wrote:

You mean "stake," right? :-)
We were out driving in it. Branches across the road, a real biblical rain.
Susan

Even so, it didn't wash the bird crap off my windshield. I think those creatures are in cahoots with whoever makes Gorilla Glue.
x-no-archive: yes
On 7/25/2010 4:41 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

LOL
I add a refill bottle of fruit/veggies wash/surfactant to my solution with each refill.
Had to after Tom stored turkey fryer oil in an empty ww solution bottle and it ended up in my ww solution reservoir.
Susan

Stake is the right word. Sort do shaken here.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?
On 7/25/10 1:22 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

When mine finish blooming, I cut them short with just a few leaves remaining below each cut. I did the same when something ate the white petals and left the yellow centers. Then they get new shoots with new flowers. I can get several bloom periods from late spring into mid-fall.
By the way, it's been 68 days today without measurable rain here. We probably won't see any rain for another 100 days, in mid-November. East of the Rocky Mountains, summer is the wet season with more moisture in summer rains than in winter snows. I'm west of the Rockies, where summer is our dry season and winter is our not-so-dry season.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean

last year the same exact thing happened to my Shasta's. Got smarter this year and when the plant was starting to grow, I put a tomato plant support ring around the plant. Two months later and they're still standing tall.
Going to do the same thing with a few other plants next year. Waiting until Spring/Summer stuff to go on sale.
Donna in WA Zone 8-9