Sexing ginkgos?

My adjoining neighbor has a large female ginkgo tree, which that means every year I get lots of stinky fruit along one side of my yard. Also, I have hundreds of ginkgo seedlings every summer. Another neighbor would like to grow some ginkgo trees from seedlings, which I could easily supply, but for obvious reasons she wants only male trees. Is there any way to tell the sex of a ginkgo seedling?
Thanks in advance, Helen
Unfortunately sexing is not possible until they are many years old, which would defeat your purpose. Propagation, to be sure of the sex, must be by cuttings or grafting from a known tree. It is reasonably likely that one grows nearby. Best Wishes.

It would be a laboratory procedure. You would need to count root tip chromosomes. That's not something the average gardener is equipped to do.

The other option of course is to buy the rare cultivar that has both sexes on one tree.. Jim
from snipped-for-privacy@macunlimited.net (Jim W) contains these words:

???? She wants a male-only tree because then there will be no stinky fruit.
Janet
opined:

It takes about 20 to sex the tree, by that time the fruit is there. It's a crap shoot.