Selective Chewing Asiatic Lily Buds

Something likes to nip the tips.

In my garden its the rabbits. I have a couple that are attracted to a peninsula bed with a diverse array of plants. They ignore everything except the lilies (oriental and Asiatic) and the toad lilies (tricyrtis hirta). They keep the toad lilies neatly trimmed to about 8 inches. A few feet away in another bed, the same toad lilies are about 30 inches high.
Joe wrote:

Here it's rabbits. I've given up on lillies (except daylillies).
Mike Prager Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a) (Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)