Seeking image of poplar pollen

I'm looking for an image of poplar pollen to confirm that's what all the "fluff balls" now floating in the wind here in New England are.
They are 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter and look a little like overgrown stuff kids blow off dandelions.
My Googling has only shown me that this is the time of year when poplar pollen is in the air, plus one reference to a line in a novel which reads, ["Oh, just a minute. Dont move." He reached across and plucked a white ball of poplar pollen from her hair. He flicked it into the air.]
Am I on the right track with this, and can someone help me confirm this by pointing to an image? A wager of honor rides on this. <G>
Thanks guys,
Jeff
--
Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

It could be from a cottonwood tree. The stuff you're describing sounds like the fruit/seeds released from this tree in late spring. The fluff can be really messy if there are enough trees around. Check this site and see if you have any such trees in your neighborhood:
http://www.kansasforests.org/Programs/Community_Forestry/arbor_day/cottonwood.htm
John

If you can see it, other than as fine dust, it's not pollen.

Most likely seeds with attached fluff from cottonwood trees.

You'd be surprised the errors that get past editors. Or maybe you wouldn't. <g>
Kay