Doug Kanter

From: "Doug Kanter" Subject: Re: Seeds of Strychnos toxifera and Chondrodendron tomentosum Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 1:25 PM

Try

What are you going to do with a plant that produces strychnine?

And:

curare, is a corruption of two Tupi Indian terms meaning "bird" and "to kill." Chondrodendron tomentosum or the curare vine is one of the main plants used by the Indians in the Amazon to prepare these arrow poisons.

What do you have in mind? :)

John

Reply to
John Watson

Perhaps he has problems with dogs, and a dog catcher that's non-responsive. I went through that some years ago. I didn't get as far as using poison, although it was next on my list. What worked ended up being great fun. I had a picture of a friend's boat docked in Montauk, Long Island. In those days, some fishermen thought it was cool to hang sharks' heads on the dock pilings after they were done hacking up the animals for whatever purpose. I showed that picture to two uncooperative dog owners and asked if they'd like to see that happen to their beasts. The cops came to my door later that day. We talked, and I assume they also chatted with the dog owners because I never saw those dogs leave their property again. Priceless.

Reply to
Doug Kanter