Seed Head on El Toro Grass?

I have an El Toro lawn. If I go more than 10-14 days between mowings, a bunch of brown seed heads start popping up. At first I was thinking that it was a weed of some kind, but it finally dawned on me that the seed head might be from the El Toro itself. Does anyone know if El Toro produces a seed head?
Thanks
--
Billy

All grasses have seed heads.
Derryl Calgary

Yeah, it produces seed heads, but they are not viable.
Billy wrote:

Billy wrote:

All grass makes seed. BTW, it stresses a lawn less to be mowed more often rather than less often [although my neighbor, who's wife has him on a 'get out of the house' project, does overdo it a bit with his daily grooming :)] When you mow less often, the grass shades itself out and the total plant density goes down. You're better off mowing it down to 2" every time it reaches 3". In spring, this can mean mowing a couple of times a week. By this time of year, when the grass should have been allowed to go dormant, mowing may actually be every ten days to two weeks.
Chris Owens