Seed collecting

Hi All, I have grown my own annual bedding plants for some time now however, this will be the first time I collect seeds from my annuals for growing next year. Marigolds, Impatiens, Zinnias, and the like. From the seed collectors in the group, is it best to collect seeds early in the growing season or late in the growing season (or does it matter)?
Any other tips would also be appreciated! Thanks.
Cheers Buzzy :)
--
--- Buzzy's Stall Wall ---
www.buzzys.net

Wait until the seeds are dry on most plants, just so that you don't end-up misjudging when they're mature. Murri