Seed and Plant Exchanges--Looking for Sweet Bay Tree

Are there any Seed or Plant exchanges close to me? I need to garden on the cheap. Like a lot of people, I have more time than money, so I am willing to wait a few years for perennials, trees and shrubs.
What I really want is a Bay Laurel tree to add to my Herb collection. I could grow in on the patio and bring in for Winter. They are quite expensive and I have not seen them locally.
-- Rita Garland, TX 7a-8b
opined:

I bought two of them when I lived in Dallas. Rhode's in Garland should have one, not too expensive, and I know Northaven Gardens sells them.
www.beorganic.com for Rhode's www.nhg.com for Northaven