securing fence at bottom

I have chicken wire around the garden to keep rabbits out. How do I secure the bottom so that they can't go under the fence?
Also, how high does the chicken wire have to be to keep them from jumping over and into the garden?
(These are Pennsylvania rabbits, not jackrabbits. Thanks.)

The following sites will tell you more than you ever need to know about rabbits proof fencing. The general advice is to bury it a minimum of about 6 inches, but I would prefer 8 inches and that it should be about a yard high:
http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/DPI/nreninf.nsf/childdocs/-89E7A8DAFEA417624A2568B30004C26A-3DB1800178777EB4CA256BC700811D61-C5FB00DC3F8D200C4A256DEA00274BC2-BE1408A465C9B863CA256BCF000AD596?open
http://72.14.235.104/search?q che:Y0KEGK0Tsb8J:www.dse.vic.gov.au/CA256F310024B628/0/D15C8DF65DB64E4ECA257325001FD3A9/%24File/BT2007%2BInformation%2Bsheet%2B4%2B-%2Bspecifications.pdf+rabbits+fencing&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd&gl=au
http://www.dpi.qld.gov.au/cps/rde/dpi/hs.xsl/4790_8315_ENA_Print.htm
'Jerry[_3_ Wrote: > ;796266']I have chicken wire around the garden to keep rabbits out. How > do I secure the

> jumping over

Here we are told to bury the bottom of the wire by up to 9 inches to stop them burrowing under it.
--
beccabunga

Jerry said:

You could bury it an inch or so and lay in a run of patio blocks along the bottom of the fence outside (makes a nice mowing strip).
Or you could lay the wire out (away from the protected area) along the ground 8-12 inches.
Actually, I have the pavers where lawn meets the veggie garden fence and wirealong the ground where there are (unprotected) flower beds.

jumping >over and into the garden?
18-24 inches should suffice.
(My fence is 48" tall with 18" of 1 inch hex net along the bottom and two electric strands at the top, protected on the bottom as I mentioned. Seems to work.)

After enlightenment, the laundry.