sealing brick on house exterior

I'm building a bed that will back up against the exterior of our house and will be raised about 2 feet above the original soil line. Naturally, I'd like to seal the brick to keep moisture out. What's the best way to do this? Do I need a layer of cement to do it right? Will black plastic suffice?

Thanks for any advice...

Reply to
dkjlb.byrne

Try

Reply to
Persephone

It depends on what is behind the brickwork and the level of the dampcourse in the bricks. If you aren't sure get a builder's opinion. Only build up gardens beds above the dampcourse if you want to ruin walls, plaster and paint on the inside with damp, mildew and efflorescence.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott