Scorpions and Lavender

Hello, All:
In the movie, "A Good Year", set in Provence, France, there are two scenes of scorpions in bedrooms in which the guests are startled upon seeing these creeping creatures. The hostess comes in and kills the scorpions and utters the word, "Lavender"! But I did not get the point.
Does this mean the plant lavender attracts scorpions or propells them?
Thanks for reading and replying.
--Roland
qquito wrote:

The best place to ask such a question is on alt.magick.tantra newsgroup or alternatively email luckymojo.com@nagasiva and ask for Cat Yronwode. Tell em Aunt Joan sent you.

I think you mean "repels", not "propells".
Joe: Thank you for reminding! I indeed mean "repels". --Roland
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Oh, but 'propels is so much funnier.
Jen
On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 07:47:56 GMT, Jen wrote:

I just imagined an open window.....

It "propells" them, that and citrus. In one scene the young blonde girl threw the lavender in the dustbin and that's why the scorpions returned, I think.
Hope it helps!

I was envisioning a scorpion crawling too close to lavender, and being literally propelled backward, like two magnets....
Never mind. Too many cartoons.