Schefflera - outdoors?

Gardeners in Zone 24 (So. Calif coastal), what do you think of putting Schefflera outside? The W. Garden Book isn't specific.
Tx.
Persephone
<Persephone> wrote in message

Persephone, So far as climate is concerned, Schefflaria should grow fine. However, I would recommend that it be a container planting so that you can make sure it gets plenty of water in the dry season and so you can bring it in if the Santa Anna winds start getting rough.
Anthony B. (lived in socal for a couple years... nice place)
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 03:53:10 -0500, "Anthony B"

Thanks for encouragement. I'll take the plunge.
However, you make an interesting point: To me it seems that a container plant would suffer MORE from lack of water than a plant in the ground. You'd have to be on top of watering a container plant constantly, whereas ground holds more H2O.
Reaction?
Persephone