Scent from flowers

Maybe I am all wet in my conclusions that follow. I visit Napa, CA, and when I walk around it seems as if I am always smelling different scents from flowers. I also visit Douglas, AZ and when I walk around there is the odor of flowers in the air. I live in Pittsburgh, PA, and people in the neighborhood have lots of flowers, but I do not notice any flower scents. Is it because of the type of flowers grown here? There are a lot of annuals, but not many perennials. Does the humidity level have anything to do with it? Or am I jumping to unfound conclusions.

Tom

Reply to
mary