Scary chicken foot looking.

What in the world is this, found it yesterday growing in our row of bamboo, sort of looks like a chicken foot (bright red) and hate to say it but smells like rotten meat. On a distance we thought that our cat had burried a chicken, where he would have gotten hold of one would be another mystery since we're living in Baltimore city, I hope that somebody have an idea of what this is (fungus, maybe) and if it's bad for the plants. Thanks guys. (I have a picture, but I don't know how to insert it)
What in the world is this, found it yesterday growing in our row of bamboo, sort of looks like a chicken foot (bright red) and hate to say it but smells like rotten meat. On a distance we thought that our cat had burried a chicken, where he would have gotten hold of one would be another mystery since we're living in Baltimore city, I hope that somebody have an idea of what this is (fungus, maybe) and if it's bad for the plants. Thanks guys. (I have a picture, but I don't know how to insert it)
Hey go to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens. You can post a picture of it there and let us know. I sure am interested to see this thing! LOL

google *dead man;s fingers" or "Stinkhorn" and you will be closer to an ID