saw dust question

I am getting ready to till my garden which is 18 by 25 feet. I have a large bag of saw dust and jointer shavings which are Oak. My question is would it be OK to spread it all over my garden and till it in or would it cause more harm then good? Thanks for your opinions.
Use it on the surface as mulch, tilled in it will tie up a bit of the available nitrogen.

Pile the sawdust in a heap. It will be OK to use next year. Or, you can mix it with an equal amount of grass clippings (or any other green material) and it will be ready to use in about 6 weeks. If you use it without composting, it will deplete your garden of nitrogen--not good. Read about composting and you will be a step ahead in gardening!

Good Advice! We take wood chip piles and place them on our walking paths. This walking helps break it down and then a transfer to other places.
Bill
--
Located In S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
"oeuf tot pique " Lover