Sago Palm?

I live in So. Cali. and my 2 sagos are turning yellow, is this normal or something going wrong with my palms?
On 22 Aug 2003 06:01:26 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ImRaul33) wrote:

Cycas revoluta is NOT a palm. In S CA they are heavy Mn feeders. If the "fronds" are completely yellow it is likely an over or under watering problem.
I'd go for under watered, I live in the U.K., known as a green and pleasant land Our sago's had suffered this year due to lack of rain until I set up a trickle system with an old hose pipe punctured in the right places, new growth now nice and green -- Scoby Here for a good time, not a long one ------------------------------------------------------------------------ posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk
Examine closely for scale.... one suggestion.
Dave

like
On 23 Aug 2003 20:43:29 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (ImRaul33) wrote:

That would pretty classic of manganese deficient.
Add epson salt
(ImRaul33) wrote:

looks like

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 01:00:42 GMT, "Doug"

Epsom salt is Mn magnesium sulphate, Cycas revoluta more often need Mn manganese.