Sago Palm?

I live in So. Cali. and my 2 sagos are turning yellow, is this normal or something going wrong with my palms?

Reply to
ImRaul33

Cycas revoluta is NOT a palm. In S CA they are heavy Mn feeders. If the "fronds" are completely yellow it is likely an over or under watering problem.

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

Examine closely for scale.... one suggestion.

Dave

Reply to
David J Bockman

I'd go for under watered, I live in the U.K., known as a green and pleasant land Our sago's had suffered this year due to lack of rain until I set up a trickle system with an old hose pipe punctured in the right places, new growth now nice and green

-- Scoby Here for a good time, not a long one

Scoby

That would pretty classic of manganese deficient.

Reply to
vegan

Reply to
Doug

Epsom salt is Mn magnesium sulphate, Cycas revoluta more often need Mn manganese.

Reply to
vegan