Rye grass

I have just planted a mix of annual and perennial rye grass. A friend tells me the perennial rye grass will stay green year round and I could be mowing my lawn on Christmas day. Is that possible?
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 21:46:27 -0500, "Freckles"

Probably not, if you live in Sault Ste Marie Michigan. Your lawn there would probably be under about 4' of snow.
Regards,
Hal

I live in Arlington Texas
On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 02:02:42 -0500, "Freckles"

Keep the mower sharp, just in case. I raised turnips and collards during the winter when I was at San Antonio. Never spent a winter near Big D.
It only takes a little while to mow the lawn and look at all the green color you will have that few others have. It isn't nearly so hot that time of year and far more pleasant to mow. :)
Regards,
Hal

Grass grows when daytime temps reach the 40s, so depending on where you live, you could be mowing the yard come Xmas.