Rubber Tree Apron

My wife and I have seen advertised circular rubber like mats that go around trees to take the place of mulch. No need to replace mulch all the time and made of recycled materials. Sounds interesting: does anyone have experience with such a beast. Any good? Does the lawnmover pick up the edges when you mow? Steve Ignots

Reply to
signots

How often do you find you're replacing mulch? What kind do you use?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote in news:1117079447.937358.134910 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Well if all you want is something that stays in place, this thing is fine. Some credible people have said that recycled rubber isn't particularly desirable. Grass will grow through from underneath as well as over, although in my experience the result is transient. You can put landscape fabric underneath (product instructions recommended it for the seam). Works fine to provide a buffer area to trim around. Not sure I'd buy another one.

Reply to
Salty Thumb