RoundUp and Monkey grass

And on that note. What ever happened to Mr. Yuck?

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand
[....]

"world war trillion" that's a great descriptor.

Reply to
Jim

I would have said "squillion" but at heast there actually is a trillion!

Reply to
Jangchub

From about.com:

Donald Rumsfeld is giving the president his daily briefing. He concludes by saying: "Yesterday, 3 Brazilian soldiers were killed."

"OH NO!" the President exclaims. "That's terrible!"

His staff sits stunned at this display of emotion, nervously watching as the President sits, head in hands.

Finally, the President looks up and asks, "How many is a brazillion?"

Reply to
xPosTech

"Nukular."

Reply to
Jangchub

There are clumping and spreading forms of monkey grass. It takes several applications of Roundup to treat monkey grass. It is best to try when the plant is actively growing, but as you have discovered, the waxy leaves and tuberous roots make it hard to kill or dig up. Mow it short and treat new growth. Plan on at least 2-4 treatments through the growing season. Some people on a garden site I visit have been successful with Finale or Diquot. Again it will take multiple applications. I am not sure if Finale is as benign to the environment as is Roundup. (The faith based anti-Monsanto crowd need not chime in again, as the thread was already hijacked once). I know that Diquot is not. Be sure to read the labels. For instance, Roundup recommends a different mix than the commonly sold pre-diluted Roundup for the control of monkey grass, so you would need to buy the concentrate and mix it up as per the instructions.

Reply to
Rick

Or "nukkier"- Jimmy Carter.

Reply to
John McWilliams

Really now. Seems to me that it takes great faith to ingest poison, sprinkle it around the planet in liberal doses and expect not to be harmed.

Kinda like them there folks what handles buzzsnakes, if'ns ya' know what I mean, Vern.

But hey, what do I know, being the ignorant sod that I am, able to see in only two-dimensions.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Rick expounded:

Ah, so says the faith-based Monsanto lovers! Unite! Just keep your damned poisons away from me and mine.

Reply to
Ann

You may not know what 3/4 dca is or 2/4 dca is. Kills plant life and is cheap so it is good yea right. My GC work was to evaluate these poisons and add as much water to the product as it was by the pound sold. Stinks like death .

"I'm a laboratory tech and I'm OK Work all night and sleep all day Do what I can to collect my pay I work in the laboratory"

Courtesy Russ Galson

Monty Python ad-lib attempt to bring life to dismal work.

Bill who would walk up to a coffee machine Drink what I got Take another an get ready for my shift.

Reply to
William Wagner

You mean this shit?

Humans exposed to 2,4-Dichloroaniline for relatively short periods of time are subject to slight skin and eye irritation, blue skin, blue lips or finger nails, dizziness, nausea, shortness of breath, confusion, convulsions. Unconsciousness, or abdominal pain. However, humans subjected to prolonged exposure are prone to the formation of methaemoglobin in their blood supply, which effectively reduces the oxygen carrying capacity of the bloodstream and could rapidly result in death. The substance is particularly toxic to aquatic organisms, which is due to the impediment of the 2,4-Dichloroaniline on the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood supply, thus effectively suffocating the aquatic organism.

2,4-Dichloroaniline present in soil biodegrades relatively slowly. However, 2,4-Dichloroaniline (2,4-DCA) does not sorb onto soil particles very well and as a result may leach into the groundwater. The first step of the biodegradation of 2,4-DCA is the dechlorination of 2,4-DCA with a reductive dehalogenase that remove chlorine from the ortho position to form a monochlorinated aniline that can be readily degraded. The second step is an oxidative deamination of chloroaniline to chlorocatechol via a modified ortho-cleavage pathway as reported by Zeyer et al. (1985). With chlorinated anilines, a meta cleavage pathway forms dead end products or suicide (highly reactive) products. The dead end products are a result of the narrow substrate specificity of the catabolic enzymes of benzoate, phenol or aniline- degrading microbes that are ineffective at degrading chlorinated analogs.

Good stuff, what.

Reply to
Charlie

We used to call it blue lip. But it is really labeled a word for oxygen starved. I can't remember what to technical name is . Perhaps cyanotic. Some of us must exist in hell it seems to strive for the heavens.

I Guess.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Yeah. When I worked for Bayer, we had monthly blood tests, checking serum cholinesterase, as we manufactured several organophosphate poisons for animal application, along with a full range of vet meds.

When I worked in the water reclamation plant at the lead recycling hell hole, we had monthly blood work for blood lead levels.

Whooboy, ain't it the truth....

If you wanta get to heaven, you gotta live in hell awhile (apologies to Ozark Mountain Daredevils...)

Charlie, having some fungus and enzymes, in the form of limburger.....which, though I love it, stinks like death to some ;-)

Reply to
Charlie

Why not just dig the stuff up and be done with it It is a clump forming plant and very shallow rooted. It could be out of there in no time at all.................

Emilie Nor Cal

Reply to
mleblanca

it was and is a great descriptor because it so very amply creates the image of how infrequently people can maintain a civil conversation on usenet without allowing pride to cause their exchange to erupt into the storm of [WWT]...

-- Pro 13:10 Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom.

Reply to
Jim

In the name of Jesus I pull the switch to execute so and so. Ya. Faith in what? Hypocricy? NOT you, Ann...the ignorant masses as Dogbert calls them.

Reply to
Jangchub