Rotting roots?

I apologise if this is not the correct place to ask this question but I couldn't find a group for house plants. I have a lucky bamboo plant growing in water. There is some sort of green looking gung surrounding the roots. Could anyone tell me what this is, if it is a danger to the plant and how I can safely remove it if it is likely to effect its health.

Thanks.

Reply to
Robert.Travel

I could not possibly guess what is in the roots. Why not remove the plant, rinse it off, clean the container? I suggest using rainwater, no fertilizers.

Reply to
Phisherman

I apologise if this is not the correct place to ask this question bu I couldn't find a group for house plants. I have a lucky bamboo plant growing in water. There is some sort of green looking gung surrounding the roots. Could anyone tell me what this is, if it is a danger to the plant and how I can safely remove it if it is likely to effect its health.

Thanks.

I could not possibly guess what is in the roots. Why not remove the plant, rinse it off, clean the container? I suggest using rainwater, no fertilizers.

do u have algae in your pond at all? it might be a build up of tha around the roots but i would do as Phisherman mentioned and clean i off and see what happens. good luck sockiescat

-- sockiescat

Reply to
sockiescat

Thanks for your advice I have cleaned off some of the gunk now. My father, who was looking after the plant before says it is probably algea and when he cleaned it off before it improved the health of the plant.

Happy garden> Phisherman >

Reply to
Robert.Travel