Rotting flower heads

Hi Everyone

I've recently returned from the US to UK and have forgotten how crap the weather is LOL but I'm still happy to be home! I have a very small garden and have spent a small fortune on pots and flowers to go in it, I live in Surrey and we have had nasty damp weather for a couple of weeks with very little periods of drying out, most of the flowers in my garden seem to be rotting, the plant itself looks fine but the flower part is gunky and rotted.......could this be due to the nasty weather. The main victims are geraniums, dianthus, petunias and calendula.

Thanks for your help.

Matilda

Reply to
Matildapuddycat

"Matildapuddycat" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@gardenbanter.co.uk...

That's what it sounds like. I'd cut the rotting flowers off and let them rebloom.

Reply to
Marie Dodge