Rotary Hedge Trimmer

Hello,
On a gardening programme recently I saw an electric 'Rotary Hedg Trimmer' that seems to be trim/shred/bag the clippings.
Does anyone have experience of such a thing - any recommendations an advice?
Ton
-- Tony-Wrexham
Call the manufacturer.

Doug Kanter Wrote:

Gosh that's really helpful - they're hardly likely to tell me an faults now are they....
-- Tony-Wrexham
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:17:34 +0100, Tony-Wrexham

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72849.asp?promo=outdoorliving
12" blade indicates less than a 12" cutting width that you must match on the next pass, without leaving any border cut fold over twigs that pop up immediately after you sit down with a cool one. Rigged for two handed operation probably means most of us can't handle it one handed. Still want one? They only cost $150 and are guaranteed for life. That probably means it will be too good to throw away and too cumbersome to use comfortably and you will be stuck with that POS for the rest of your natural life. Is that enough faults? :)
Regards,
Hal
Hal Wrote:

Thanks Hal - at least you gave me a viewpoint. I'll see if anyone else has tried one.
I joined this forum to get help - not sarcastic comments from Dou Kanter.
Ton
-- Tony-Wrexham

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:26:55 +0100, Tony-Wrexham

Hi Tony,
Don't worry about Doug. He's just got his shorts in a bunch right now. Hard to say why, most likely something in life is bugging him... Some people are like that and Doug appears to be one of them. If you happen to be reading the whole group you will notice he is jabbing at a few others too right now.
Don't let it bother you :)
No experience with the Hedge trimmer, but it looks like it has a pretty new patent, May 2005.
see this for a pdf of the patent:
http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat6886258.pdf
The patent diagrams show an angle grinder with a special cutter, shield and catcher bag. You can get angle grinders made in China here for ~$15 on sale and I'll bet this is one of them.
The product Hal linked to looks like a production version. I didn't look too hard, but I would be curious to know if this version has a patent number on it and if it is the same or not.
If you bite on one, come back and tell us how well it works ;-)
--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b