Roses.whats mine telling me?

We've 10 different types of roses in out backyard. Same soil, amenities, water etc but this year one of them has many of its leaves turning yelloe to white. At most half are dark green the remainder are lighter etc. All the other roses are as hearty as could be and blooming like mad. Any idea what its telling me it needs, or has too much of?

It could be iron chlorosis, which is common in roses. It results from the plant's inability to absorb iron (more prevelant in alkaline soil). This particular rose may be more susceptible than your other roses. Chelated iron can be applied as a foliar spray for quick results or added to the soil for a longer lasting effective. sed5555
The other possibility might be a virus. Roses can get a mosaic virus that causes the leaves to change color. Often it doesn't kill the plant, but will weaken it over time.
"Leaf Symptoms
Leaf symptoms of RM are highly variable, often making diagnosis difficult. Some rose cultivars show strong symptoms, while others may be nearly symptomless. Most cultivars will be symptomless for at least part of the year. The most severe symptoms usually are seen during cool weather, in the spring, and are much less severe during the summer months. Some leaves may show "vein-banding", in which the veins are bright orange or yellow, on a green background. Other leaves may show a bright yellow or white "oak leaf" or "mosaic" pattern . A very faint "watermark" chlorosis is common on the leaves of some cultivars . These symptoms often fade as the leaf ages and may disappear completely. The chlorotic patterns associated with RM usually do not closely resemble any mineral nutrient deficiency or herbicide toxicity pattern and are reasonably reliable for diagnosing RM. The absence of any obvious symptoms is normal, and is no guarantee of freedom from RM; some infected cultivars seldom show symptoms, but their performance may be impaired." http://members.aol.com/mmmavocad3/Mosaic.html

Thanks! I'm in Albuquerque (Zone 7)and we definately have alkaline soil here. The flowers are beautful and abundant, just the leaes that don't look too good.