Rose Of Sharon Dormancy

Hello, We purchased two Rose Of Sharon "Lucy" Tree Form via a mailorder nursery about 2 months ago... We have planted one in the ground and potted the 2nd. We have no prior experience with this plant but it seems odd that here we are in late June (8 weels later) and neither plant has broken dormancy? We did check them by scratching the bark on a branch and did find green so we believe they are alive... Is this typical for Rose Of Sharon to take this long? Is there anything we could/should be doing to help the process other than being patient and watering.... We are in upstate NY near Syracuse if perhaps area/climate is an issue...
Thanks!

I have a few very small ones that I got at a sale two years ago. They have been very late in leafing out. The largest and most vigorous of the plants just set flower buds last week. The less vigorous plants were well behind that on in producing leaves, and I thought they might be dead. I don't think there is anything you can do but wait. You might try flexing the smaller branches. If they are brittle and break off, they are dead. If not, you might cut one to see if it is green. I'm in zone 6.
I planted 8 bareroot ROS in mid-April. All but leafed out about a month later. The last one, however, just leafed out about 2 weeks ago. I'm in zone 6, so you're growing season is a little later. I'd say wait & just watch them.
--
Jacqueline
Carmichaels PA