Rose leaf size varies

As my roses begin blooming in the new season, I wonder, as every year, why such a wide range of leaf sizes. They range from over 3" in width to less than 1".

OK, they are different varieties, but why such a spread? We are trained to look first for an evolutionary advantage conferred by Trait "x", but I cou ldn't find info to scratch my curiosity itch. Am no longer in touch with m y sole rosarian friend, so wonder if any Hon. Members have a clue.

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

May as well ask why Polock wimens have larger breasts than Jap wimens.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

y such a wide range of leaf sizes. They range from over 3" in width to les s than 1".

to look first for an evolutionary advantage conferred by Trait "x", but I c ouldn't find info to scratch my curiosity itch. Am no longer in touch with my sole rosarian friend, so wonder if any Hon. Members have a clue.

what does this have to do with rose leaf sizes?

Reply to
jack.magic.cos

Rose leaf envy.

Reply to