Rose Bushes ?

Page 2 of 2
wrote in message

Where in your fantasy world did you imagine that a homeowner would not prune a Rosa rugosa?
wrote in message

dipshit. I'm amazed that with a gardening group those who criticize others have NO gardening of their own to present... all they do all day is pound their keyboards.
Try to keep up, dipshit. I've already explained, if pruned wild rosa rugusa won't flower, not for a long time, at least a year, probably two... and will just be a clump of thick thorny stems, won't even have foilage as all the foilage is at the extreme ends, if pruned the new growth needs to start at the very base, that's how this wild rose advances, it has no suckers, it's all suckers, it's wild... once cut the thick thorny stems will die. Again, for the dimwits and LIARS, wild rosa rugosa needs a very large space to grow, it is NOT for the typical surburban sized lot. Talking *hybrid* rugusa is a whole nother topic.
Yesterday while mowing I noticed that I have a new wild rosa rugusa that sprung up on the southern exposure bank of my creek, right there in the center... it's obvious that the southern exposure side has much more greenery. I actually took the picture to record how well the greenery is advancing, before I noticed that plant... since it's growing towards the sun I'm hoping that in a few years it will span the creek. I leave it because I have the space, with its spreading growth habit it makes good erosion control, and is great for birds to nest... were it on the opposite side of the creek I'd likely remove it as it would grow up onto my grassy area and present a mowing problem. It's difficut to appreciate how large they grow in a photo, the other one near the Norway spruce is at least ten feet tall with a good twenty foot spread. My newly renovated creek is doing very well. Ther eis water flowing but i't below the rock.. it looks like the sky is about to open any minute now so in a few hours the water will be about halfway up its banks:
http://i40.tinypic.com/30uz5gm.jpg
wrote in message

Those photos are no fantasy, they're real... your snide remarks mean you're obviously envious.

you rent, most likely a dinky dingy tenement apt... the only gardening you do is on your keyboard.
wrote in message

Push the button for the nurse, Sheldim. It's time for your meds again.
wrote in message

Yup... it's growing right there on your keyboard... LIAR!

that looks like a multiflora, not a rugosa. lee