Rose buds dieing?

I have a pink rose bush, very fragrant, that was planted by previous owners( unknown name), the bush is full of big pink rosebuds that turn brown and never open. I would says about 1/4 open.
Any ideas why and how to fix this?
--
CathyLee
They neigh I pay

every 3 days just as they begin to show color until they begin to open.