rose

i'm looking for that how can ighange a white rose to a blue rose

Reply to
pradvar

Who isn't?

Go ask Alice.

If the red queen can have her white roses changed to red ones by having them painted that color, you would think the same would be possible to make them blue. The only problem is that there is no blue queen on a chessboard to order such a thing!

In any case, it seems that producing a true blue rose is almost genetically impossible.

Off with their heads!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

For those of you who missed the gist of my last reply, here are the lyrics from "Alice in Wonderland".

Who's been painting my roses red? Who's been painting my roses red? Who dares to paint the vulgar paint The royal flower bed For painting my roses red Someone will lose his head

They're going to lose their heads For painting the roses red It serves them right They planted white But roses should be red Oh, they're going to lose their heads...

genetically

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Cut roses can easily be made blue~~ they look terrible! I have only seen them in Scandinavian flower shops. Produced by standing them in a blue aniline solution for several hours. Not worth a penny a dozen!! Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Not sure when this will be, but...

quote the first two paragraphs:

Posted on Tue, May. 25, 2004

Accidental Discovery May Bring Blue Roses

Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Blue roses could generate a lot of green. Two researchers at Vanderbilt University took a gene from a human liver and placed it into bacteria to better understand how the body metabolizes drugs as part of their research on cancer and Alzheimer's disease.

"The bacteria turned blue," said Peter Guengerich, a professor of biochemistry and director of the Center in Molecular Toxicology at Vanderbilt. "We knew people have been interested in making a blue rose for years so we thought if we could move these human genes into flowers, we might come up with one."

begin 666 politics;kw=center6;c2=politics;c3=politics_homepage;pos=center6;group=rectangle;ord=1086785453245_.dat K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( !`````/___R'Y! $```$`+ `````!``$```("3 $`.P`` ` end

begin 666 spacer.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`( ``$9&1@```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
Christopher Fuhrman