rooting willows

i swiped a branch of curly willow from the table arrangement at the wedding i attended last weekend. i also cut a branch from a pussy willow (the guys that cut under the utility lines cut down the pussy willow for some reason)& some kind of swamp willow with a conelike bud on the tip of the branch from the drainage ditch (in Savannah NY). all three are in a jar of water now, but the two i cut are pretty wilted (they were starting to leaf out already). i'm pretty sure the curly willow will root though. should i leave it in the water or stick it in wet dirt? lee
--
Last night while sitting in my chair
I pinged a host that wasn't there

I got my curly willow from a wedding too. Brought the branches home and stuck it in a wine bottle. Put the bottle on a shelf in my sewing room and sort of forgot about it. It was pretty 'hairy' by the time I remembered it. Planted them in a big pot 4 years ago and it's going strong on my balcony.
Val

Leave it in the water and it will develop roots.