Rooting shrub? ? ?

I've tried several times to root a cutting from an osmanthus fragrens shrub -- sometimes called tea olive or sweet olive. I've even used Rootone, but so far I haven't gotten a cutting to root.
Does anyone have suggestions?
How much should a cut, and how, to have the best chance of rooting?

How about placing a brick on a low branch that has some dirt on it. Wait two years then separate but leave the new plant alone for another year. Layering.
<http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-us&q=plant+layering&ie =UTF-8&oe=UTF-8>
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org /
Ray said:

http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/arr_html?Osmanthus+fragrans
Note "Propagation" section.
HTH
--

Eggs

-There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.