Rooting avocado seed

Any tips on rooting and growing from an avocado seed? Thanks!
On a number of occasions I have seen them being germinated by suspension over a jar[small necked vase] of water. This was achieved by inserting a cocktail stick in opposite sides, resting on the rim, and enough water to be just touching the seed. Best Wishes.

Brian wrote:

the seed up. ;-)
Also, don't forget to pinch the top of the tree off when it's 2 feet tall so it will branch nicely.
Good luck, Laura B.

My grandchildren have had great success by first washing the seed with water, then wrapping the seed in a moist paper towel and putting it all into a zip-lock plastic sandwich bag. The bag is then placed on top the refrigerator where it is warm. When they see roots coming thru the paper toweling, they carefully remove the toweling and plant the seed in a pot. We have had several nice-sized foliage plants from this process. sed5555